Did You Know?
Did you know that HGTC Library offers many other resources and services? For more details, follow the links below:
iPads in the Library
The HGTC Library is pleased to offer iPads for your reseach and personal needs. Like laptops, iPads can be checked out for three days at a time by students. iPads come with many apps pre-installed - apps for general productivity, research and skill-building. This guide will explain our iPad lending policies and teach you how to use our iPads and their apps.
Laptop & iPad Policy
HGTC Laptop/iPad Agreement and Policy
From this point forward, Laptops/iPads will be referred to as “items.”
1. Item check out is for 3-day period, no renewal.
2. Do not leave items unattended or have food or drink near the item. You are responsible for the item including financial repayment for loss or damages.
3. If items and accessories are not returned at the end of the 3-day period you will be charged a late fee of $10.00/day. Part of a day will be assessed as a full day. One day overdue is viewed as theft of college property and pursued under those conditions. Repeat overdues result in suspension of borrowing privileges for the remainder of the semester.
4. Do not tamper with existing hardware or software.
5. Items must be checked out and returned at least 30 minutes before close of the library to the circulation desk from which original loan was made. Do not place items in the bookdrop!
6. Items may only be returned by the borrower. Borrower must remain at the circulation desk while equipment check is performed both before the loan and when the item is returned. This may take 15 minutes.
7. Private information should never be saved to the item hard drive as security is not guaranteed.
8. You must follow HGTC policies regarding use relating to the computer network. Items are to be used for academic purposes only. Failure to comply with item policies and computer use policies will result in being barred from future use.
I accept full responsibility for the items and accessories I borrowed and agree to the stated conditions of use. I agree that this item was in working order and will reimburse HGTC Library for the cost of replacing this item and/or any accessories if they are damaged, lost, or stolen while checked out in my name. I understand that replacement costs are as follows:
Laptop: $1,500.00 Laptop power cord: $65.00 iPad: $750.00
iPad Checkout QuickFacts
- There is no cost to students to check out an iPad. This is a FREE service.
- iPads may be checked out for 3 days with no renewals.
- Take care of your iPad, as you are financially responsible for any loss or damage. $750 replacement fee.
- All students must present a student ID and a valid driver’s license (or government issued ID along with proof of local residency) when checking out an iPad. You will also be asked to login to WaveNet to show your current class schedule.
- iPads must be checked out or returned at least 30 minutes before the library closes and they cannot be returned in the bookdrops.
- See the full policy in the center of this page for more details.
Get Help Online
Have you read through this entire guide and still have questions about our iPads? Type your question below. You can also ask any other question that you have about the library.